Sunday, January 5, 2020

Photography

During my last semester for college I took a film photography class thinking that it would be a good way for me to get an "easy A" and a good way to take my mind off of all the things that I had to do for my major before I graduated. Well if you have ever been to college or are in college now you know that there is no such thing as an "easy A" but you also know that it is the classes that you take outside of your major that you end up falling in love with. That is what happened with me I fell in love with the film developing process, but more importantly I fell in love with taking pictures. I think it was because they were black and white photos and those kind of pictures had always seemed so timeless to me. I do also love taking color photos as well because they tell slightly different stories than their black and white counterparts do. 

I recently found some of the photos that I took in college and they have made me realize how much I want to pick up photography again. Now I know that I will never be a professional photographer but that isn't the point for me it's just a hobby, a way to take my mind off of things like drawing or writing for other people. It's just a way for me to have a little fun and try and capture those beautiful moments life throws my way.













The only question I have for myself is digital or film? But then why limit myself to just digital or just film why not both. Although it is cheaper to just take digital photos nowadays than film since places to develop them are hard to come by and developing them on your own is so expensive. So I guess for now I'll just take digital photos...now to go play with my digital camera that has been collecting dust. ðŸ˜‚

0 comments:

Post a Comment