Thursday, December 19, 2019

Transported to another country.



Last weekend my family and I spent a few days at Universal's Portofino Bay Hotel for my birthday and it was amazing. As we were driving onto the hotel property I instantly felt like I wasn't in the U.S any more but that I was actually in Italy. If you have ever stayed at the Portofino before then you know exactly what I am talking about. Now I have stayed at the Portofino before but I am always amazed with how well of a job Universal does in making you feel like you are somewhere else.



Not only are the grounds beyond gorgeous but the rooms were breath taking as well. We have stayed in nice hotels before but this one was defiantly on the top of the list. The one thing in the room that I thought was both cool and weird was that there was this "window" in the bathroom that if opened and while laying on the bed you could see right in. I can imagine that it would be nice for couples if they were super close or families with little children where the parents can see everything that the little ones were doing in the bathroom, however for a family with older children it was a bit weird. The view from our room was nice as well especially because we had our own balcony.



With staying at the Portofino you also get a few Universal perks as well. Guest of not only the Portofino but also the Hard Rock Hotel and the Pacific Royal Hotel get early park admission so that they can experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter before there is a huge crowd. Guest of the hotels also get a complementary unlimited express ticket that are good for every ride except the Harry Potter ones, which is why get to go into the parks early to ride those rides first.

If you are visiting the Orlando area and can't decide if you are going to stay at a hotel on Universal property, or if you are going to stay at a hotel around there I would defiantly choose a hotel on Universal property. They may be just a tad bit on the pricey side but the way they look and the perks that come along with it staying on property is defiantly worth it.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment