Saturday, July 5, 2014

Weeki Wachee



Two weekends ago I was able to cross off something from my summer bucket list. I went to Weeki Wachee with a few of my family members and some Girl Scout girls and we swam in the spring water. It was fantastic especially because summer is in full force here in Florida and the spring water was nice and cool, cold at first but cool. After being there I'm already planning my next trip to another springs in Florida called Wekiva. 

When I wasn't swimming I roamed around and walked a few trails finding a cute little waterfall and a story about a mermaid that lives in Weeki Wachee. For those of you who don't know Weeki Wachee it's most famous not only for the spring but for the mermaids that they have there it is reall cool. It's also a great place to go canoeing/kayaking because it is so peaceful along the river. If you don't have a canoe/kayak or don't the the funds to rent one just yet it's ok because you can take this little boat tour down the river like I did and it is just as great. Even though I took the boat tour I really want to go back and go down the river on my own because the boat only went so far and I would love to go farther. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs